Find the best things to do in Red River, New Mexico with our local area guide! We have all the local knowledge and advice you’re looking for. If you haven’t booked a place to stay, check out our Red River vacation rentals and start planning your vacation today.
Places where adults 21+ can go and have full-service drinks while hanging out with their peeps in Red River!
A door to the great outdoors!!! Men and Women alike who enjoy all the good mountain style life will enjoy a guided fishing even a guided hunting tour! If you`re looking for a place to stay near where you`ll be fishing, check out our Red River vacation rentals on the river!
Looking for a place to stay near many of the trails and roads where you can take your Jeep? Check out our selection of Red River Upper Valley Properties that are located in peaceful out of town locations near many trails and dirt roads.
In the event you are looking to do a family photo, wedding pictures, senior pictures, anniversary photos and/or family reunions here is where you go to find the perfect photographer! Having a reunion or big event? Check out our Red River vacation rentals for large groups.
Pulling a 5th wheel, camper or RV? Here are just a few suggested parks where you may camp out!
1 mile long strip of practically nothing but shopping on both sides of Main Street!
All the different ski shops located town-wide where guests can rent ski gear and equipment.
There are many Red River activities during the winter for everyone to enjoy and participate in while staying in the Sangre de Cristo mountains!
List of places to go and worship no matter which walk of life you lead…
A list of all the restaurants and eateries located in Red River for easier meal planning!
Just want to get away and relax? Now you can, with a handful of great local spas to choose from whether you go to them or they come to you!
Local activities for family and friends to enjoy while visiting the beautiful mountains of Red River, New Mexico.
Find out which activities the town of Red River, NM will be planning during your stay!
Red River Local Area Guide
· Hiking: Middle Fork Lake, Nature Trails, Enchanted Forest Cross Country Ski Area, Cabresto Lake
· Horseback Tours
· Ski Lift Ride
· Shopping; lots of specialty shops
· Red River History Tour on the Trolley
· Jeep Tours: Old Pass, Goose Lake, Greenie Peak, Midnight Meadows, Cabresto Lake
· Little Red School House
· Mountain Biking: Trails of the Enchanted Forest Cross Country Ski and Snowshoe Area
· Cowboy Dinner atop Bobcat Pass
· Wildlife – Deer, Bears, Raccoons, Bobcats, Elk, Bald Eagles
· Rio Grande Wild and Scenic River Area
· Enchanted Circle Scenic Drive
· Backpacking the Sangre de Cristo Mountains around Red River
· Aspen Viewing
· Off Road Riding
· Small Town Atmosphere
· Museums of Taos
· Taos Pueblo
· Historic Taos Plaza
· St. Francis of Assisi Church
· The High Bridge
· John Dunn Bridge and Hot Springs
· Elizabeth Town and the Gold Rush
· Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad
· Ojo Caliente Hot Springs
· Stations of the Cross at San Luis, Colorado
· Eagle Nest Lake State Park Visitors Center
· Gateway Museum at Eagle Nest
· Disabled American Veterans Chapel
· Red River Fish Hatchery
· Taos Ski Valley
· Latir Lakes
· Valle Vidal from Costilla to Cimarron
· Kit Carson`s home
· Museum at Philmont Scout Ranch and Tour of Villa Philmonte
· Cimarron Canyon
· Cimarron – Mill Museum and St. James Historic Hotel
· Great Sand Dunes National Park
Off Highway Vehicle Permit Information:
OHV permits can now be obtained with the New Mexico Wildlife through their online license system at: www.wildlife.state.nm.us select Online License System on the left side of the home page and Create An Account. After creating an account, you can log in and select Off Highway Vehicles License on the left side of the screen. Make sure you add all of your vehicles before selecting Review Registration, this will ensure that you are only charged one processing fee of $4.95.
You will need the Make, Model & VIN# for each vehicle you wish to permit. After purchasing your permit, you can immediately print the paper proof to keep with your vehicle.
For questions or concerns regarding the online process contact: 1-505-476-8000
NM does NOT honor the following states` permit program: AL, AK, FL, HI, IL, KS, KY, MS, NE, NV, NC, SC, SD, TN, VA, WV